Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mobile Home Fire Caused by Unattended Space Heater and Propane Heater on McClean Blvd, Elgin

Elgin police and firefighters responded about 1:04 PM Monday to a mobile home fire at 909 South McClean Boulevard Elgin, IL. Firefighters on arrival reported black smoke coming from a mobile home. The fire had fully-engulfed the mobile home by the time firefighters arrived.

The fire was extinguished within about 20 minutes, but firefighters worked for an additional hour to check for extension of fire in hidden areas of the structure. The home was red-tagged as uninhabitable.

The homeowners had used a propane heater and a space heater to heat the home and thaw a frozen water pump. They left the home unattended when the fire ignited the home.

Damage was estimated at more than $75,000. The homeowners did not have homeowners insurance.

Firefighters caution against using propane heaters inside, and also advised against using space heaters unattended.



Read complete article on Arlingtoncardinal.com ...

http://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/?s=Mobile+Home+Fire+Caused+By+Unattended+Space+Heater+And+Propane+Heater+On+Mcclean+Blvd,+Elgin


mobile home fire, mobile home fire Elgin, Elgin Fire Department, Elgin Police Department
Arlington Heights News (desktop/mobile optimized with US & World News) see The Cardinal -- Arlingtoncardinal.com Arlington Heights police and fire calls.
Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove, Long Grove, Mt. Prospect, Palatine, Prospect Hts, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, Wheeling

The rest of Chicagoland ...


Follow Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page. Emergency news coverage for Chicagoland. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook ...
 HOT GOOGLE SEARCHES ...