Electric Box Fire In A Home At Clearmont Dr Near Ridge Ave, Elk Grove Village

Elk Grove Village police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 7:00 PM Sunday to a report of a fuse box on fire in the garage at 285 Clearmont Drive Elk Grove Village, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that the homeowner was able to get the fire out with a fire extinguisher.

Firefighters investigating the scene called for Com Ed to respond to the scene as soon as possible, and discovered smoke in the attic.

Firefighters found no fire in the attic, but the live electric panel/"fuse box" was sparking and arcing, and was hot. The malfunction was burning wires inside the house.

Firefighters stood by with water, but could not extinguish the fire at the panel with water until
Com Ed responded to the house to cut off the power.

Firefighters secured residents and pets that live inside the house in vehicles parked nearby.

Com Ed responded and shut off the power, including parts of the neighborhood.

Read complete article on Arlingtoncardinal.com ...


house fire, house fire Elk Grove Village, electrical panel fire, fuse box arcing, electrical panel malfunction, Elk Grove Village Fire Department