Burnt Out Motor in Electrical Room Causes Smoke Scare at Palatine Public Library on North Court, Palatine

Palatine police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 8:50 AM Tuesday to a report of smoke coming from an electrical room at Palatine Public Library, 700 North Court Palatine, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that heavy smoke was coming from an electrical room near the parking garage.

Squad 85's crew first on the scene reported nothing showing from the outside front-left corner.

Firefighters investigated the electrical room and discovered a burnt out motor on a chiller by about 9:00 a.m.

Firefighters shut down the motor to the chiller and were contacting HVAC maintenance.

Read complete article on Arlingtoncardinal.com ...


smoke investigation, smoke investigation Palatine, Palatine Fire Department, Palatine Police Department, burnt motor, burnt electrical motor, faulty chiller