Recycling Bin Fire Singes Siding of House on Wilke Rd, Arlington Heights -- Passerby's Actions Deserve Praise

Arlington Heights police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 9:55 PM Sunday to a report of a house fire in the block of 1200 North Wilke Road Arlington Heights, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that a passerby saw flames coming from a recycling bin at the side of a house. The passerby alerted residents in the house and called 9-1-1, preventing serious damage to the home and preventing harm to the residents.

One of the residents pulled the recycling bin down the driveway away from the house. However, the siding became singed and blackened from soot.

Firefighters checked for fire extension inside the house, and used a FLIR thermal image camera to check for any hidden ignition areas behind the siding or inside the siding. Firefighters soaked the siding and the ceiling of the porch.

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters and police learned that careless discarding of smoking materials likely started the fire.

Read complete article on ...,+Arlington+Heights+--+Passerby's+Actions+Deserve+Praise

house fire, house fire Arlington Heights, Arlington Heights Fire Department, Arlington Heights Police Department, recycling bin fire, recycling bin fire Arlington Heights, careless handling smoking materials, Hyperlocal A